Κυριακή 16 Φεβρουαρίου 2020

Modification of collagen-based sponges can induce an upshift of the early inflammatory response and a chronic inflammatory reaction led by M1 macrophages: an in vivo study

Modification of collagen-based sponges can induce an upshift of the early inflammatory response and a chronic inflammatory reaction led by M1 macrophages: an in vivo study:

Abstract



Background

The present study evaluated the cellular tissue reaction of two equine-derived collagen hemostatic sponges (E-CHS), which differed in thickness after pressing, over 30 days in vivo. The inflammatory response during physiological wound healing in sham-operated animals was used as control group.




Material and methods

First, the E-CHS was pressed by applying constant pressure (6.47 ± 0.85 N) for 2 min using a sterile stainless-steel cylinder until the material was uniformly flattened. Consequently, the original (E-CHS), the pressed (P-E-CHS), as well as the control group (CG; sham operation) were studied independently. The 3 groups were evaluated in vivo after subcutaneous implantation in Wistar rats during 3, 15, and 30 days. Histochemical and immunohistochemical methods provided observations of biomaterial degradation rate, cellular inflammatory response, and vascularization pattern. A derivative of human blood known as platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) was used as an ex vivo model to simulate the initial biomaterial-cell interaction. Segments of E-CHS and P-E-CHS were cultivated for 3 and 6 days with PRF, and the release of pro-inflammatory proteins was measured using ELISA. PRF cultivated alone was used as a control group.




Results

At day 3, the CG induced a statistically significant higher presence of monocytes/macrophages (CD68+), pro-inflammatory macrophages (M1; CCR7+), and pro-wound healing macrophages (M2; CD206+) compared to E-CHS and P-E-CHS. At the same time point, P-E-CHS induced a statistically significant higher presence of CD68+ cells compared to E-CHS. After 15 days, E-CHS was invaded by cells and vessels and showed a faster disintegration rate compared to P-E-CHS. On the contrary, cells and vessels were located only in the outer region of P-E-CHS and the biomaterial did not lose its structure and accordingly did not undergo disintegration. The experimental groups induced similar inflammatory reaction primarily with positive pro-inflammatory CD68+/CCR7+ macrophages and a low presence of multinucleated giant cells (MNGCs). At this time point, significantly lower CD68+/CCR7+ macrophages and no MNGCs were detected within the CG when compared to the experimental groups (P < 0.05). After 30 days, E-CHS and P-E-CHS were fully degraded. All groups showed similar inflammatory reaction shifted to a higher presence CD206+ macrophages. A low number of CCR7+ MNGCs were still observable in the implantation bed of both experimental groups. In the ex vivo model, the cells and fibrin from PRF penetrated E-CHS. However, in the case of P-E-CHS, the cells and fibrin stayed on the surface and did not penetrate towards materials central regions. The cultivation of P-E-CHS with PRF induced a statically significant higher release of pro-inflammatory proteins compared to the CG and E-CHS after 3 days.




Conclusion

Altering the original presentation of a hemostatic sponge biomaterial by pressing modified the initial biomaterial-cell interaction, delayed the early biomaterial’s degradation rate, and altered the vascularization pattern. A pressed biomaterial seems to induce a higher inflammatory reaction at early time points. However, altering the biomaterial did not modify the polarization pattern of macrophages compared to physiologic wound healing. The ex vivo model using PRF was shown to be an effective model to simulate the initial biomaterial-cell interaction in vivo.




Clinical relevance

A pressed hemostatic sponge could be applied for guided tissue regeneration and guided bone regeneration. In that sense, within the limitations of this study, the results show that the same biomaterial may have two specific clinical indications.

1 σχόλιο:

  1. The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
    My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases..... Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου